Cole Rice

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Patrik DeCicco and Zoey



I recently did my first real portrait assignment. I loved it.

The subject-- that sounds too formal, too stiff. Portraits are nothing if not personal. You get to work closely with someone, get to know them, and incorporate that into the photos. I could be cheesy and say something along the lines of, the photos are a glimpse into someone's soul. Which is partly true, but it's nothing so grand. It's merely an attempt to capture and clearly show this person, in this case Patrik DeCicco, owner of Boulder Map Gallery Inc, avid sky diver and base jumper, and his beautiful dog, Zoey. They made this experience truly wonderful. It was a pleasure to work with them.

Here are some of the results from the shoot. They're nothing special, but I'm proud of them.
















It was great work, and reminded me of all the beauty of photography :)

No comments:

Post a Comment